Hi everyone! Trying to get back into the swing of things after vacation is not easy! I hope to get some posts up about my Trip to South Korea very soon. For now I wanted to share a little about this new styling service called Trunk Club that I’ve been trying out. Its similar to Stitch Fix but with a few improvements and more recognizable brands…especially if you’re a Nordstrom fan as it is a Nordstrom company. There’s a lot that I like about and a few things I don’t. Let me explain:
- They have an app! You can set up everything through your phone and keep track of your trunks, returns, payments etc all through the app. Very convenient!
- You can actually have back and forth conversation with your stylist. That way you’re more likely to get things that you like as your stylist can actually get to know you.
- You can preview your trunk. While this could be a con for those who like to be surprised I like getting to see it first and be able to let them know if I don’t like something so they can switch it out.
- They send follow up trunks. If you like something but the fit or something was off they’ll send you another box with the correct size or different variations of the item.
- Recognizable brands. I love shopping at nordstrom and as this is a nordstrom company I recognize the brands they send and can actually find them online later.
- Easy returns. you can even schedule to have UPS come to your door free right through the app.
I loved almost everything they sent in the first box with a few exceptions. The jeans were great! I could tell a difference in how it fits and flatters immediately. I also really liked this casual grey off-shoulder tee. The jacket was from a follow up trunk as the one they sent before was great but not quite what I was looking for. Little out of my price range as well. This was perfect!
Now I’ll mention that I have had some issues although overall I have liked the experience. My stylist wasn’t as clear as I would’ve liked about what it really means to “waitlist” something. I thought it meant it would be sent to me once it became available. But apparently it doesn’t guarantee that you get it and you may need to be a bit vigilant and follow up with your stylist to find out whether its available yet or not. But personally I think your best bet if you get a wrong size or want another color is to go to Nordstrom yourself and order as I’ve been able to find each product I’ve received online.
I think styling services such as Trunk Club can be a great way to try out new things in the comfort of your own home. It can save you time as well since they shop for everything for you so you don’t have to go to a mall or spend hours searching online. And probably the biggest for me is not having to pay for it until I’ve tried it on and decided I like it. I hate paying money for stuff and having to return it and wait for them to finally return my money.
What are your thoughts on personal styling services? Have you tried any? If so which ones?
Note: This post contains affiliate links. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Photos taken by Ashley Roberts and edited by me.